Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What a Pinteresting Thought!

Pinterest is something that is still relatively new to my life, but it's obvious that I was instantly addicted.  I've already made two Pinterest recipes (and plan on making two more this week)!  It's inspired me to finally learn to crochet!  I've got my future "When I Get Insanely Rich" wardrobe all planned.  I love it!  If you haven't been to Pinterest, you really need to check it out! That is, unless you have something really important on your agenda.  If you have an important agenda, I suggest you wait until you're done with it, because all shreds of productivity fly out the window as soon as you start pinning.

Once again, I'm taking a cue from Mel at Little Mrs. Married.  She knows where to find all of these cute blog link-ups!





google

Share your Pinterest finds on your blog and link up at The Vintage Apple!

I think I'm going to spread this out over a few Wednesdays and devote each post to a specific Pin Board.  Otherwise, I might bombard you with more pictures of buttery, cheesy foods and expensive outfits and perfectly styled homes than a person could handle in one post.  Today's board: Favorite Recipes.

Let me begin my saying that I think my favorite things that I find on Pinterest are the recipes!  Of course they're all loaded with fat. But until I can find an excuse to make these dishes, it's at least fun to look at the pictures and drool.



I've been staring at this bread for weeks.  Haven't built up the courage to make it yet, though.



I see these in my near future.



I love fried okra, but it's unfortunately only a "sometimes food."  But this oven-fried version looks worth trying!



So. Much. Cheese!



Yumm!  Bread topped with Spinach and Artichoke Dip!


This dip is all over Pinterest.  It's called "Crack Dip" because it's supposedly so yummy it's addicting.

Sidenote: I actually got to make crack dip tonight!  The people at the grocery store didn't give my bag with the dressing mix or the chips (so frustrating!), so I improvised and used ranch dressing and cut back on the sour cream.  I definitely want to try it again the right way, but even before sitting for 24 hours, it was still damn good! Pictures to come tomorrow (maybe)!


It seems like every time I bake I'm calling my mom and asking her about some sort of measurement conversion, so this will be really helpful too!

In order to join Pinterest and start making your own boards, you actually have to be invited.  You can either request to be invited and wait for an invite from Pinterest (which I did and let me tell you, I do not think 72 hours could have possibly gone any slower) OR you can post your e-mail in a comment and I'll gladly send you an invite.  :) Because really, who likes to wait?

And now it's time for the 30 Day Photo Challenge!  Day 23: Sunset!

I like sunsets.  They mean I've made it through another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment