Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge

Yesterday, I discovered Pinterest.   And all I can say is, "What rock have I been hiding under? How come nobody told me about this?"  The only reason I found it yesterday is because Katie at Marriage Confessions posted a blog about it.  And I am absolutely in love.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the awesomeness, Pinterest is basically an online bulletin board that members can "pin" fun things they find on the internet on.  I requested an invite to join yesterday and am waiting on pins and needles for my invite.  But you don't have to be invited to look at all of the things people post.  There's recipes, craft ideas, fashion ideas, blog ideas, etc. that lead you to other fun sites that you might be interested in.  So far, Pinterest has led me to Food Gawker and How Sweet It Is.  Although my appetite his has not returned since my break-up, I've been really obsessed with cooking and baking (neither of which I've actually done yet, but I've thought about it), so I've had a lot of fun looking at pictures and collecting recipes that I want to try to make for others (and when my appetite actually returns, for me) on these sites.

One fun idea I found on Pinterest was this:
I know it says August, but I/m gonna do it now! It doesn't really require much explanation.  Every day for 30 days, you post a picture.  I think it's a cute idea for a blog because it gives you something to post even when you don't have something to write about.  So keep an eye out for these at the bottom of my blog posts or as posts themselves (for those days when my head is completely empty)!

So, without further ado, Day 1: Self Portrait

This is what I look like right at this moment.  Messy hair in a ponytail held back with a cheap headband.  Leftover make-up. Glasses.  Sweatshirt.  You can't see the pajama pants (which is probably for the best).  It's a rainy day.  The kind that makes you want to lie in bed in sweatshirts and pajama pants and ponytails and headbands and blog and watch 19 Kids and Counting (Have you heard?  19 is about to become 20!) and blog and browse Pinterest.  

So that's exactly what I'm doing.  And what I'm going to keep doing.  Perfection.  




No comments:

Post a Comment