Monday, November 28, 2011

Stupid Walls

Dead Week has arrived at good ol' L.S. of U. And for the first time in the history of ever, I actually have a dead "Dead Week"—No tests, no projects due, nothing stressful on my calendar for the next 7 days.  It's wonderful!  So today, I went to my 8:30 class, came home immediately after because the rest of my classes were canceled, and gave my body one last day of rest before I go into full-fledged psycho-studying-for-finals mode.  I took a nap, I watched some Gilmore Girls and vegged. It was glorious.  And I arose ready to face the world and a project that I have due next Tuesday.

Then that lovely wall that always somehow rears its ugly head made its ugly entrance.

You want to know what a huge pet peeve of mine is? (Warning: Tangent Ahead!)  Teachers that require fancy software for classes.  Take this semester, for example:  I had a teacher that required fancy software that you absolutely needed if you wanted to complete your midterm or final project.  Sure, we meet in a lab that has the software once a week, but that lab time needs to be used to actually learn the things you will need to apply to these projects.  So really, you need this (Windows Only) software to succeed in this class, which, if you were a Mac person like me, meant either tainting your Mac with Windows and opening it up to viruses or buying a freaking PC.  I ended up buying a PC, which has worked out just fine because some of my other class's textbooks included supplemental CDs that were only PC compatible.   BUT this software is a student edition of a full-fledged transcription software, meaning you can't actually install it onto your PC.  So when the information you need for this project is posted in the format of the software, you can't actually open the information because your computer doesn't recognize the program as one that can open files because you can't install the software onto the computer because it is a student edition.  And the free lab to work on this final project was cancelled for one reason or another leaving me (and I'm sure a ton of other students) stuck. *Insert explicative here*

Stupid Wall.

So what does this mean for you?  Nothing much other than the fact that I am now blogging out my frustrations because I can't work on my project.

It also means that it's time for 30 Day Photo Challenge Day 21: Pretty Pattern!


I absolutely adore scarves.  They're adorable,  they're versatile and they're warm!  My scarf obsession started my junior year of high school when I went to Spain with my choir  and there were street vendors selling scarves all over the place for 4 or 5 euros apiece.  I've been hooked ever since.


This is about 1/3 or my scarf collection.  See the one in the middle?  I got that one at a Rest Stop in Spain and it's one of my favorites!  It doesn't keep me as warm as some of the others do but it's so pretty!

Well, I guess it's time for me to put on my big girl pants and start studying for exams.  I've been given the gift of a real "Dead Week."  I should probably take advantage of it

No comments:

Post a Comment