Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crafty Close-Up

I've been wanting to learn to crochet for a while.  And I feel like it would be a good distraction.

So today, on my way home from a (wonderful) meeting with a friend, I decided to stop by good ol' Wal-Mart (which was so horribly understaffed that they had only 4 lanes open and about two hundred customers waiting to check out..but I won't bore you with that) and picked up some purple yarn and a few crochet hooks (because I can't I didn't know which one was the right one).

I learned to knit a few years back using the trusty old interwebz, so I thought I would learn to crochet the same way....

WRONG.  I can't figure out how to get past the chain stitch, which is the starting stitch.  So what I'm left with are the beginnings of a very wide scarf.  Or a very long, thin scarf.  Depending on how you look at it.

So, let's take a look at 30 Day Photo Challenge Day 12: Close-Up!


That's as close-up as my phone was willing to go.  On the right, you can see the chain stitch.  Or the entire scarf.  Really depends on perspective.

Annnnndd....that's all I got.  I'm sleepy.  Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment