Monday, November 7, 2011

Moxy Monday

I stole this from my friend Melissa at Little Mrs. Married.  Just a few little fill-in-the-blanks to distract me from that fact that it's Monday.

1. My favorite thing about this week was unexpectedly getting to babysit my friends' two month old.  Any one who knows me knows that I absolutely love babies (so much that I'm even making them my career) and it served as a wonderful distraction.  Plus, I don't know of anything that can make you feel better about yourself than being able to make a baby go from crying to smiling at you :)

2. Colder weather makes me want to put on warm pajamas, drink a cup of hot tea, and crawl into bed to watch a movie with someone I love.  I don't get to do that this year....

3. Three things that make me terribly happy as of late are 
1) The Big Bang Theory:  I got the fourth season for my birthday and have been watching it with my parents.  We're almost done with the season, though, which makes me terribly sad.  (Well, that was counterproductive) 
2) Blogging: I've had a lot of emotions lately and, while I have some incredibly wonderful friends, I'm sure they get sick of me texting them "I'm sad" everyday.  This blog has been a really good place for me to just lay (almost) everything out on the table for everyone to see.  I'm not hiding emotions or pretending they don't exist.  And when I do have a bad day and feel like I couldn't possibly feel any worse or fall any lower, I start to write it all out in a blog post and, even if I don't post the blog, I usually feel so much better just writing everything out.  If even that doesn't make me feel better, I know it's time to go home and cry on my mommy and daddy's shoulder. 
3) The Ben Folds Pandora Station: I've been listening to it a ton at work and home lately.  It doesn't necessarily play music that makes me feel happier.  It's mainly music I'm unfamiliar with. Not incredibly upbeat or loud or percussion heavy.  No expectations.  No catchy choruses.  It just makes me feel better. I keep a sticky on my desktop of all of my favorite songs to download later.

4. If i could only wear one shoe for the rest of my life, I would choose Toms.  So comfy.  But if I could only wear one shoe, wouldn't my other foot get cold?  Can I wear socks?  And what about glass on the ground?  Oh my goodness, this "one shoe" thing is starting to sound like a very bad situation.

5. My personality type is ISFJ–Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging (Want to understand me? Click on that link and read up–me to a tee).  Also known as "The Nurturer," which is so totally me.  In relationships, ISFJs are generally giving and loving people, who place the needs of others above their own (I don't know why so many people view that as a negative personality trait). This is based off of the Meyers-Briggs Test.  I took it through my university, but if you Google it, you can find several cost free versions of it.

6. I have a serious problem resisting candy.  Especially Swedish Fish. And chocolate.  And every other kind of candy.  I have such a sweet tooth that it's a miracle I've never had any cavities.  I always keep a box of Mike and Ikes in my car for when my blood sugar is low, but I have trouble avoiding them when my blood sugar's fine.  

7. My favorite color to wear is white. It's just so clean and simple and versatile.  The tops in my closet are hung by color and the white section is definitely the biggest.  I especially love a simple white top or tee with a cute cardigan, skinny jeans and sandals(or flats or Toms).  Such an easy outfit that's always super cute. 

And now, a little Keyboard Cat to lessen the Monday blues:



1 comment:

  1. Took me a long time to figure out Life = Change. But have always known that writing is therapy. “Writing is easy,” Red Smith said. “You just sit down at a typewriter and open a vein.” Nothing wrong with you feeling sad, mad, down, whatever. To not express that in any form would be a shame and not good self-therapy. So open a vein when needed and write, girl, write. It's easy.

    ReplyDelete