Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Beginnings, Jr.

I consider it a personal victory every time I make it to my morning bus on time.  If I can just get up, ready and out in time to catch that bus and get to class, the rest of the day is cake.

No such cake today.

This morning, I made it to the bus on time.  I got my favorite seat and everything was going smoothly until the bus made it to campus. As soon as I stepped off the bus, I felt a tug on my shoulder, followed by the sound of metal hitting the pavement.


My purse strap broke.   Ugggghhhhhhhhhhh.   So, looking like a goof, I held the purse until I could get to class and stuff it in my backpack and focused on the positive of the situation:  Sure, the purse I adore was broken beyond repair. But at least I get to go shopping! I'm a big fan of retail therapy.  Who doesn't feel awesome wearing a new outfit?

Classes finished, I had a uneventful bus ride home and made my way to the mall. And about 5 minutes into shopping, I remembered that I absolutely hate shopping for purses.

I have no problem clothes shopping.  You see something you like.  It's in your budget and size. You buy it.  You wear it when you want.

But (for me, at least) purse shopping is a completely different ball game.  You're not just shopping for something to wear every now and then.  You're shopping for something that has to go with the majority of your outfits that you are going to carry with you every. single. day.

That's a big decision!  Seriously, it took me two hours of wandering around the mall, being chased down by perfume and make-up saleswomen (One even came up to me in the purse section and tried to put liquid concealer on my face!  Don't they have a electric fence or something that keeps them contained?), dodging strollers and toddlers and weighing the pros and cons of different styles, colors, sizes, etc while considering budget.  It's exhausting.   Luckily, I eventually ended up with 2 purses that I love and were both within my budget.

And now I want to share my spoils with you :)  Because no matter how much of a pain purse shopping can be, a new purse is kind of like a mini new beginning.  It's new, it's clean, everything is organized.  You stand a little taller and walk with a little skip in your step when you're carrying a new purse.  And it's got that new purse smell!

Purse #1:


Isn't this adorable? It's Liz Claiborne, who I'm a big fan of for purses. It's a little bigger than I was originally planning on getting, but I love that it's got a little handle at the top as well as the strap, which can be adjusted to make it a shoulder bag or a cross body bag.  I will quit bringing a purse to school, though, because of its size.  It will probably stay nicer longer too.  And it got my mom's seal of approval, which is of course incredibly important. :)  $27.99 (btw, if you're in the market for a purse, go to JC Penney.  It seems like the purses are always on sale there!)

After I chose this purse, I was feeling confident and a little more energetic, so I decided to do a victory lap through the clearance section and found this!

Purse #2:


I got this for nights out or at the theater when I don't need everything I carry in my everyday purse.  It's Nicole Miller.  I love the color and the design and it was only $10.00!  (Seriously, go to JC Penney!)

Does anyone else have the same problems I do when purse shopping?  What do you do to make the decision easier?  Am I just crazy?  How does a new purse make you feel?


And now, it's time for Day 3 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge: Clouds!


I took this picture around 6:00 PM yesterday evening.  That bright spot towards the middle of the picture is the moon.  There were two long clouds that intersected and looked like an "X" with the moon in the very center.  It looked like "X Marks the Spot" and the moon was the treasure!  The line-up only lasted a few minutes, but it was very cool.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture of it.  Did anyone else see this?


Whew! What a long day it's been!  Time to put on some PJs and make some cookies!  Night, y'all!



1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I love both of your purses. I have a similar one as your liz claiborne one (also a fan). Mine's black, though. They're good purses! I like your smaller one, too! The color is pretty! Yay! (JC Penney is awesome.)

    ReplyDelete