Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Night's Alright for Vegging

I have finished my classes for the semester.  One week and I'll be halfway done with undergrad (hooray for high school credits!)!  Remember when I blogged about dead week a few days ago?  Funny thing.  This past dead week was the most low-stress one I've had yet.  It has also left me the most "dead."    So dead that I completely forgot to take a picture of a sun-flare for the 30 Day Photo Challenge.  I was too busy focusing on staying awake while walking.  Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot...

My intentions when I got home from school around 3:45 were to throw on some PJs, watch Gilmore Girls, do some laundry and eventually go to the store to get more ingredients for crack dip (Because I am having withdrawals).  Instead, I put on my pajamas, watched about 10 minutes of Gilmore Girls, and apparently fell dead asleep because suddenly it was 6:45 and I was waking up wondering where I was and how I got there (Don't you love those naps?).  I think I would have gladly stayed in bed in that "What?" state for the rest of the evening but I had to pee (I know, lovely blog topic. My brain still hasn't really flipped from nap mode to writing-for-all-the-interwebz-to-see mode).

Does anyone else ever feel sick after a really good nap?  I had a post nap headache and my tummy and sense of balance were not pleased about having been woken up.  Thank goodness for funny looking gel eye masks that you can keep in the fridge.  They make you look ridiculous but they do wonders on a headache.

Headaches make me loopy.

Oh, look.  There is a face under that mask...

This post nap haze made laundry doing a bit dangerous.  Too much risk of accidentally washing red and whites together and pink is just not my color.  And if laundry is dangerous, driving to the grocery store is definitely out of the question.  Which really only leaves one viable option: Jimmy Johns. Never mind the fact that I had Jimmy John's for dinner last night  and that I really should be saving money for Christmas present instead of sandwiches.

If you haven't had Jimmy John's, I pity you.  And think that you should find your nearest Jimmy Johns and digest the delicious glory.  I would definitely recommend the Turkey Tom.  Extra Mayo. YUM.  And the best part is that they bring this deliciousness right to your doorstep, so you don't even have to put on real people clothes or brush your hair.  Yes, ladies and gents, I answered the door looking like this: 

Poor, unsuspecting delivery guy.  Don't worry, he got a good tip.
At least I took the mask off.

And within 30 seconds, I looked like this:


And shortly after, I looked like this because I was done with my sandwich:

So there you have it.  My Friday night.  And it has been absolutely perfect.  Nights out with friends and family are always fun.  But at the end of a long week, there's really nothing better than spending an evening alone wearing pajamas, watching TV, eating Jimmy John's and vegging in a post-nap haze.  And Pinterest.  It's really not a properl veg night without Pinterest. :)

And now, I plan to spend the rest of my night watching Gilmore Girls and debating whether or not I should eat this blowpop.  And then I will top off the night by going to bed early.  I know, you're so jealous :)
Goodnight, all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment