Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Show and Tell

To say that the past 16 weeks have been rough for me would be an understatement.  I've lost a lot.  I've confronted a lot.  I've faced a lot.  I've cried a whole lot.

The past 16 weeks have really sucked major #$%&#@$!!

Fortunately, and finally, I'm hearing rumor of the light at the end of the tunnel's existence.  I'm getting involved in theater again.  I'm actually kind of happy with my body for the first time in, well, ever.  I'm regaining my confidence in my classes. I feel like the old Emily might be coming back.

So I deserve a treat, right?

How's that for a treat?

Unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture, so you can see my fingerprints on it, but you get the idea.  Meet my new ring!

The stone is a pink tourmaline (which is my birthstone) and was given to me by a very good friend/coworker.  My mom helped me pick out the setting.  

I have definitely needed a pick-me-up lately.  But this ring is more to me than just a pick-me-up or something pretty to wear.  It's a reminder that I carry with me (literally) every day that I am loved, that things will (eventually) get better and that I do have something to smile about.  And those are things that I, now more than ever, need to remember. 

It is pretty, though, isn't it? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment