Monday, January 30, 2012

Brain Dump

1.  This past week has to have been one of the most frustrating, stressful, emotional weeks of my life.  I have yelled, screamed, cried and cursed so much.  I'm so glad it's over and I'm optimistic that this coming week will be better.

2.  Five years after I started doing theatre at Baton Rouge Little Theater, I have FINALLY gotten all of my show posters framed and hung up on my wall.  The only poster missing is the poster from Evita, which I did in September 2009 (but I should be getting that one soon :D ).  It's nice to have all of these on the wall as a reminder of how far I've come and how much I really do have to be thankful for. (And lots of thanks to my mom and dad for helping me hang them!)




3.  Speaking of theatre, I'm going to be playing Tintinabula, one of the Courtesans, in Baton Rouge Little Theater's  upcoming production of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.  I haven't done any theatre in over a year (and haven't done a musical in over 2 years!) so I'm excited to be involved again.  I'm sure you'll be hearing all about it in the coming weeks.  It opens on March 9. 

4.  I had a lot of fun watching the SAG awards and eating soup and salad tonight with some friends.  I got to try a Pinterest recipe, which is always exciting!  Keep an eye out for a blog post with pictures and recipes. :)

5.  I need a new manicure.  

6.  I'm getting a new ring this week.  I'm super excited :) The stone was given to me by a coworker of mine who is very special to me and my mom helped me pick out the setting.  Expect pictures.

7.  I'm starting to knit to decompress.  I found an old project that I started on a while back and am adding a few rows to it every night before I go to sleep.  It's going to be a hot pink scarf.  But it's not very good and I would never wear it, so I'm going to give it to my dog when it's done.  He needs a scarf on those Baton Rouge winter walks. :) 


8.  I felt really sick on Friday, so I came home and watched The Office on Netflix in bed all day. Now, I can't stop watching until I've seen them all.  I personally think John Krasinski married the wrong Emily.  He totally meant to marry me, not Emily Blunt.  

9.  I am really jealous of Emily Blunt.

10. I have almost completely cut caffeine out of my diet, which is a huge accomplishment for me.  I've been having some anxiety issues lately and all the doctors I've been to have recommended keeping caffeine to a minimum to help with those issues.  I was surprised at how little trouble I've had with it.  Every now and then I'll get a really bad caffeine headache and have to have a Diet Coke, but for the most part, I just switched to Caffeine Free Diet Coke with no problem.  And, surprise surprise, I've been sleeping a little better too.  It's been a nice transition.  

11.  I had lunch with my mom and dad at Jimmy John's today.  Because I knew I'd be eating a lot tonight, I decided to try my regular Turkey Tom as an Unwich to cut back calories, meaning that, instead of using bread, the sandwich is wrapped in lettuce.  I was surprised at how good it was!  I mean, it's hard to beat the amazing bread that Jimmy John's has, but the Unwich was very satisfying and I can definitely see myself ordering it a lot more in the future!  AND it was only 273 calories.  The regular sandwich is 515 calories.  Not bad!


Yum!

12.   Albertson's makes the best donuts.  I think Krispy Kremes are too sweet.  I was somehow able to convince my parents to get a dozen last night and we split them.  So now there are 5 Albertson's Donuts in my kitchen and I have successfully avoided them all day.  I should reward my self control with a donut tomorrow morning :)


Night y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment