Friday, September 14, 2012

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things?

Hey, what's this dusty old thing?  Oh yeah...I have a blog....

....oops.

Hello friends, real and imaginary!  I hope that life has been kind to you!  It has been for me :)  It's also been hectic and unscheduled.  And how can one be expected to keep up a regular blog schedule when one's life has no structure?  One can't, I tell ya!  But now that the school year has begun and my life has structure again, I'm ready to get back to blogging!

But before we begin, let me catch you up on my life :)

  • I have been cast as Cecily Cardew in The Importance of Being Ernest at Baton Rouge Little Theater.  It opens on Friday, September 28, and, y'all, this show is going to be awesome!  I've been having a blast with the rehearsals.  Call 225-924-6496 or visit Baton Rouge Little Theater's Website for tickets.
  • I have begun my senior year at LSU in the Communication Disorders program.  I have  good feeling about this semester!  I genuinely like and am interested in my classes.  My teachers are fantastic!  There's only one catch...
  • Grad School.  I have to apply for it this semester.  I am so freaking terrified.  I have a meeting with my advisor on Monday that will hopefully quell some of my fears.  I've talked to some of my classmates and they seem just as terrified and bewildered as I am, so at least I'm not alone.  Right now, my plan is just to apply to as many schools as possible and pray that at least one of them wants me.  
  • I am officially a football fan!  Well, at least an LSU football fan :)  Boyfriend was appalled that I had never been to a single football game as a student (and only 1 game otherwise) and convinced me to buy season tickets this year.  Y'all...football is fun!  I love every part of it—from the tailgaiting to the tiger band to the clothes to the food to the game itself!  It's all awesome.  I feel kind of silly for not going to more games before now.
  • Speaking of boyfriend, tomorrow marks 6 months with him.  Just a cute little tidbit :)
And now...to the fun!

Fill in the blanks on your own blog and link up here!

1) Right now, the weather where I live is improving.  During the football game last week, I began to feel breezes blow through Tiger Stadium.  When I walked outside on Sunday morning, the weather was so wonderful I wanted to skip!  It felt like fall!  Fall is my absolute favorite season!  While the weather since then hasn't been as perfect, it has been pretty awesome!  Hotter on some days than others, but the delightful breeze has remained.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's nice for the game tomorrow.

2) The best piece of advice I've ever been given is "Things fall apart so that they can come back together."  A Rockefeller Center security guard after she mistook my crying with my head on the table for me being a homeless person in the days following my break-up last October. 
She was right.  She was so right.

3) My most favorite person in all the world is boyfriend.  I even tell him "You're my favorite," on a regular basis. (I didn't include my blood family in my pool of possible answers.  It's understood they they're held on a pretty high pedestal in my life.)

4) If I were to have a mission statement for my life, it would be Live. Love.  Laugh. Repeat. 
I just came up with that.  I've never actually thought about a mission statement for my life before...haha.

5) My favorite thing in my closet is....don't make me choose!  I love everything!  The shoes! The dresses! The cardigans! I can't pick a favorite!

6) The best cure for a bad day is a hot shower, a cozy bed, swedish fish, and a really fattening meal.

7) Today is ....
I couldn't resist.



No comments:

Post a Comment