Saturday, October 29, 2011

May I Have a Kitten?

My apartment doesn't allow pets.

I know, major bummer.

But I can blame myself for that.  When I was apartment hunting, no pets allowed was actually one of my requirements.  I love and adore animals, but I'm not in a place in my life where I have the time or money to care for a pet of my own.  Plus, I had nightmares of being paired with a roommate with a cat or dog that made messes everywhere that said roommate never cleaned up.  My brother experienced a cat situation with the first roommate in his current apartment that was so bad that the flooring in the closet where the roommate kept the litter box had to be replaced after he moved out.  That was enough to convince me that if I was going to live with a cat, it was going to be my own cat.

But, that has left me needing some serious kitty in my life.  My wonderfully sweet kitty Misty lives at home and I don't get to see her nearly as much as I want to.  Luckily, a wonderful new friend has introduced me to this:

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5205/p/salsa/web/common/public/signup?signup_page_KEY=6361

Yes! A link!

Excited yet?  Huh? .....No?  Okay, let me explain.

Click on that link and you will be directed to a page featuring a video of kitties.  They may be playing, they may be sleeping, depends on your luck.  What's luck got to do with it, you ask?  Well, my inquisitive friend, that video is a live feed.  Whatever these kittens are doing at that exact moment is what you will see.  To the right of the video feed, you'll see an orange button.  Go ahead....click on it. Now you have to wait for your turn.  There's a countdown timer above the video so you know how long you'll have to wait. When it's finally your turn, buttons labeled 1, 2, and 3 appear, as well as arrow buttons.  The arrow buttons control the camera in the room and the 3 buttons above control....wait for it...CAT TOYS!  Yep...you, my lethargic friend, can play with these kittens from the comfort of your own couch/bed/toilet!  There are three toys in the room connected to some sort of magical robotic device that is somehow magically connected to your computer so that for two glorious minutes, you can play with these kitties.

I know.  Magical.

So...why are you still here?  Why are you not playing with kitties?  Why am I not playing with kitties?!

Before I rush off to get in line before you, I leave you with pictures of my own beautiful animals:

Hunter, my sweet, senile Hound dog.

Harley, the sweetest kitty until he decides he's bored with you. Once he's bored, watch out.

Misty, my lovable, sweet, perfect angel who likes to do chalk drawings with me.

Sweet dreams, cyber friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment