Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Favorite Things

So as predicted, I'm not really that good at blogging consistently. It's not that I don't want to blog. My life is just relatively low-key right now. There's not much significant happening that's not too private to write about here. So I just don't get around to finding something to blog about. But I've been looking at some other blogs lately and a common post I've seen has been a "My Favorite Things" post. It seemed like a fun idea. I mean, who doesn't love to talk about the stuff we love?
So here you are. Emily's Favorite Things:

1) One Line a Day Journal




After seeing how bad I am just at keeping up with a blog, you can imagine how bad I am at keeping up with a regular journal. But what I like about this journal is that for everyday you only have 5 lines to write in so you don't have the pressure of writing a long journal entry. That's why I call this my twitter journal. But instead of fitting everything you have to say into 140 characters, you have to fit it into five lines. Each page is assigned a day and each day has five little sections. Your first year, you write what year it is and write your memory in the first section of each page. The next year, you start back at the beginning and move onto the second section. It also gives you the opportunity to go back at look at what was going on in your life at the same time in previous years. And the journal is the perfect size to fit in my bedside table.
I noticed when I found the picture that they also make a journal like this especially for moms. That would be a great Mother's Day Gift!

2) Nivea "A Kiss of Smoothness" Lip Stick



While I was in High School, I went through a round of Accutane Treatment which, among many other things, made my skin and lips very dry. While I was on Accutane, I didn't dare go anywhere without some sort of lip balm. Then, I had to use the more heavy duty stuff like Aquaphor. Once I was off of it and my skin started to chill out a bit, I didn't need the lip balm quite as much and I didn't need the heavy duty stuff. But I still need it pretty often and get pretty anxious without some sort of lip balm. I can't describe Nivea's Kiss of Smoothness as anything but perfection. It goes on so smoothly, has no taste, and comes in a fun little stick that I often find myself winding up and down when I get fidgety or anxious. And it works incredibly well.

3) Craisins

I do not eat fruit. At all. The texture freaks me out and I don't really like the taste or smell of any type. But I will eat Craisins. I will eat a whole bag if you let me. They're pretty much my sole source of fruit so I try to eat some everyday. I love them because they're perfect for snacking and it's easy to just throw a bag of them in my backpack if I know I'm going to have a long day at school. And they're just so delicious.

4) My iPhone, MacBook Pro, and iPod Nano



What can I say? Apple makes my life better. My iPhone even has a name: Wendy Esmerelda

5) My 2010 Hyundai Sonata


I got very lucky with my first car. We found it at the first dealer we we went to (a Honda dealer) and we got a great deal on it because it wasn't a Honda brand car. I contributed a few thousand dollars to it's purchase, but my parent's are the main purchaser so when I'm home for the weekend and they decide that they want to take the Sonata to run their errands one morning, they can. I don't really mind because I'm always asleep at that time anyway. Haha. We bought it used, but barely used. It's in fantastic condition and still even has the previous owner's Satellite Radio (Shh! Don't tell anybody.)! I take great pride in my car and try really hard to keep it clean. In fact, when I want to treat myself, I go to Benny's Express and get her washed (Yes, it's a her and her name is Wanda). It's so spacious inside and is perfect for singing at the top of lungs along with my iPod nano (which I can plug directly into the car). It's perfect for me.

I think that's it for now. Because it is 1:10 AM and another one of Emily's favorite things is sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment